LES Silicon Valley Chapter Meeting - October 2015
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Intellectual Property Event
Brand Protection and Trade Enforcement Trends
The panelists at the event discussed on Registration and recordation of Trademark products, deployment of resources by US Customs, and unlicensed products from foreign territories.
The panelists also discussed how the popular brands are protection and how counterfeit goods are checked and validated in different contexts.
It was interesting to get insights into Trade Enforcement protection at various ports of entry in the US.
- - Cara Burns, Partner, Hicks, Mims, Kaplan & Burns
- - John Gerber, Supervisory Import Specialist, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- - Kim Tanner, Manager, Trademark Enforcement Group, Miller Kaplan Arase LLP
- - Joanne Vliet, Director, Silicon Valley (San Jose) U.S. Export Assistance Center, U.S. Department of Commerce
- - Vincent Leoni, Partner, Miller Kaplan Arase LLP